Please click on the link below to go to our Home Learning page.
We hope you have all had a restful and yet enjoyable half term. Our topic this half term is ‘People Who Help Us’ and our focus is exactly that. We will be focusing on the local community and the different people who work in it. During this half term, each week will focus on a different profession.
· Week 1: My Family: After speaking about our homes during our ‘Marvellous Me’ topic, we will start to think about how our families help us at home. We will share who we live with at home and think about the things they do to help us. We will also link this to bonfire night and firework safety as we learn about how to stay safe with our families during this time.
· Week 2: At School: This week, we will be looking at the different people who help during our school day.
· Week 3: The Community: We will be thinking about our local community (including the library, the Vineyard shops and the vets) and we will talk about their role within the community. At the end of the week, we will put pictures of the places we have spoken about on a map of the local community.
· Week 4: Firefighters: This week, we will be learning all about firefighters and how they help us. We will also be learning about fire safety.
· Week 5: Health Care Workers: We will be learning all about people who work in health care this week, thinking about all that they do to help us. We will also be learning about the importance of keeping healthy.
· Week 6: Police Officers: In this week, we will be finding out about what police officers do, as well as thinking about our investigative and problem solving skills.
· Week 7: Christmas: What job does Santa do? This week we will be thinking about what happens as we get ready for Christmas and how different families celebrate Christmas. We will be doing lots of Christmassy activities such as: writing Christmas lists, making Christmas cards and most importantly having our own Christmas party!
This will be yet another very busy half term. Not only will we be covering many aspects of learning but we will also be preparing for Christmas. We thank you all for your own going support.
This half term, our focus is getting your child to write sounds they know within their writing. This can be initial sounds progressing to simple words. We will also look at building this up to simple sentences. For our reading focus, we will be working on Phase 2 phonics.
This half term, our focus will be on making comparisons in regards to amounts and measurements, finding one more and one less than a given number, simple shapes and patterns and looking at time based on daily routines and night and day.
A few reminders:
· Ensure all school clothes and PE clothes are clearly labelled.
· Bring your child’s water bottle to school everyday.
· Bring your child’s book bag to school on Mondays and Fridays.
· Now that the weather is cooler please ensure your child has a coat everyday as well as hat, gloves and scarf if appropriate.
· Pre-order school dinners for the half term.
How to help at home:
· Practise saying the sounds you can hear in words and blending sounds together when talking.
· Recognise letters and numbers in your environment.
· Count anything and everything (eg. steps, jumps, objects).
· Talk about the school day (use Class Dojo and Tapestry to support this).
· Recognise people who help you in your community as you’re out and about.